The 10 Best Free Keylogger for Windows 11
From keeping the workflow intact to ensuring optimal network usage, the importance of keylogging software cannot be understated. Often the only way to get a sense of what's really going on in an office environment, keyloggers provide invaluable professional insight.
They are hardware or software tools that track and record keystrokes, the contents of which are usually captured on a remote server and made available to administrators. Hardware keylogger typically attaches to the keyboard, while software keylogger runs from a computer and can be installed through an operating system.
The latter is more common and often more affordable than its hardware counterpart, and that's precisely what we're going to take a deeper look at. While keyloggers were once solely employed for malicious purposes, they're now indispensable tools for removing bottlenecks and improving productivity.
But which keyloggers are the best? Which ones are actually worth the money? Are there any all-rounders, or should you pick and choose your own? Read on for our top 12 picks.
1. Spyrix Free Keylogger (Editor's Choice)
Compatible with Windows XP and above, this free keylogger from Spyrix Software works with both desktop and mobile platforms. It's a highly effective, flexible, and user-friendly software tool – much more than a standard keylogger – that captures everything in the clear without interrupting your workflow.
The process of installation is a breeze, and the software itself, once installed, is easy to use. You can grab all your required info on the fly from its intuitive interface.
Besides, this free keylogger offers a good balance of granular detail and a broader overview. It's a great choice for everyone, from system administrators keeping tabs on network utilization to business owners monitoring employee activity.Standout Features:
• End-to-end remote monitoring from a secure web account. This means that the software can be removed from the target PC remotely, thus, avoiding any unwanted attention.
• All captures are stored on the remote server and can be accessed by the Administrator from any web browser without making any changes to your PC.
• Activity pertaining to removable devices is duly monitored. You can get an idea of the number of times files are opened or downloaded, both individually and in aggregate.
Pricing: Available for Free Download
2. Actual Keylogger (Highly Recommended)
Actual Keylogger is a software keylogger that's specifically designed for everyone from parents to teachers to employers. It's got a clean UI and is incredibly easy to use, with customizable options allowing you to put it to work right away.
In fact, the dashboard is quite similar to how Spyrix's free keylogger looks, and it offers an intuitive account management page that sustains and exhibits the record of running applications, disk changes, keystrokes pressed, print activity, and Internet surfing.
It's noteworthy that all log files are encrypted, report generation is standard and customizable, and screen capturing time is adjustable.Standout Features:
• Case sensitive to help you separate logs based on your need.
• The data/content can be limited to the event count, date/time range, or individual data points. Such data can further be constrained to emphasize what's most important.
• Hidden mode is available for more discreet operations — perfect for almost every observational setting.
Pricing: Starts from $69 for 1 PC (for desktop), $79 for 1 PC (for web-based app), and $179 for 5 PCs (for enterprise-level association). Free trial for 3 days available with full functionality.
3. Kidinspector (Highly Recommended)
As the name suggests, Kidinspector is a child monitoring tool that fits in perfectly with schools and libraries. Besides, it's the best keylogger for those who have to deal with kids in the workplace.
It's been explicitly designed to run on Windows and serves well when it comes to monitoring messages being shared on a variety of social channels - WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook, Viber, Skype, etc.
Branded as a means for "parental control," this software facilitates hassle-free 4-step installation. Register your account, download the software, install it on the target computer, and start monitoring. It's as easy as that.Standout Features:
• Screen broadcasting—this is an exclusive feature that allows you to easily watch the user's screen while they are typing confidential information or browsing.
• SMS and GPS alerts - these two features help make sure kids don't stray off the path.
• Real-time activity tracking to provide a holistic insight into what's happening.
Pricing: $59 charged annually for 1 PC. A free trial for one day is available with full functionality.
4. REFOG Ultimate Keylogger
Compatible with Windows 7 and above, REFOG ultimate keylogger is as user-friendly as they come. It's a reliable, efficient, and effective solution designed to cater to family and business needs alike.
The keylogger boasts detailed reports on the entered information, including URLs, keystrokes typed, IM activity, application-specific activity, social activity, browsers, etc. Such profound monitoring extends to file transfers, removable drives, and even phone calls.
Thus, it makes for a comprehensive solution that can be used both at home and at work, not to mention a more efficient way to keep tabs on your kids' online behaviour.Standout Features:
• Family safety - a highly effective parental control software that ensures the communication on social channels and forums is confined to only your permission.
• Typed activity - monitors phone activity, helps you keep tabs on the day-to-day usage and downloads of your kids' devices, and alerts you before any unauthorized changes.
Pricing: Starts from $7.92 per month. Free trial for three days available with full functionality.
5. Revealer Keylogger
Softonic, WIRED, CNET, and the likes have independently rated Revealer Keystroke Monitor as one of the best keyloggers on the market. There's a good reason for that: it's a fantastic program that's both highly effective and easy to use.
Much of its functionality is similar to that of Actual Keylogger — and it works and offers the same degree of comprehensive data collection. That said, Revealer keylogger comes in two variants. There's the free version, which is available for all users to download and try. The premium variant is priced a little higher and provides access to invisible mode and remote monitoring.Standout Features:
• Platform agnostic operation - it supports various operating systems and performs diligently in monitoring and recording every keystroke.
• Works best for recording passwords, information typed in incognito mode, instant messengers, emails, etc.
• It offers screen capture functionality alongside remote monitoring - the recorded data is made available through Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP, etc.
Pricing: Basic keylogger available for free download. Keylogger Pro can be bought for $39.99 for a single PC with a lifetime license.
6. Ardamax Keylogger
The 4.6 version of Ardamax Keylogger is a superior product that provides an array of flexible options to set the desired level of monitoring. The tool remains fixated in stealth mode and can be used to track down the information being entered in incognito/private mode.
It's not merely a top-of-the-line software, but comes with an advanced level of admin panel, adjustable levels of monitoring, and a wide variety of additional features to boot.Standout Features:
• Works tremendously well in stealth mode - this is a feature that allows you to record the keystrokes without the user being aware of it.
• Remote functionality with 24/7 monitoring allows you to connect to your computer from afar and watch the information keyed in from a remote location.
• Seamless sharing of log files via emails.
Pricing: Free trial available. (Price unknown)
7. Iwantsoft Keylogger
Iwantsoft keylogger goes beyond simply monitoring the data and records the entire process of keystrokes. It helps users standardize the process of installation on remote computers by facilitating the development of a "preconfigured installer." Thus, the otherwise complicated process of installation can be completely automated.
The software can be configured to stick to a definite environment (home or office) or follow various parameters. The keylogger is extremely easy to use, and once installed, it runs flawlessly in the background without any noticeable impact on the computer's performance.Standout Features:
• Works best for leaving behind a trail that can be followed back to the source, including browser searches and clicks.
• It's highly customizable, offering multiple monitoring and filtering options.
• It is quite comprehensive in its ability to capture and store all information, including file uploads and downloads, IMs, chats, etc.
Pricing: Free version available with limited functionality (best for home). It starts from $49.95 for home+business.
Another family-specific keylogger, Kidlogger, is ideal for parents and caregivers who want to be able to track all of the activity on their kid's Windows PC. Ideal for protecting children from cyberbullying, this software is also useful for keeping tabs on young adults and making them stick to a particular schedule.Standout Features:
• USB flash drive and external HDD monitoring - are key options in keeping track of what's taking place on your kid's device and where it might be going.
• Frequently visited (most used) applications - with this feature, you can quickly identify the most visited programs and assess the level of usage, which in turn helps you maintain strict supervision over the target's computer usage.
Pricing: Free version available. The premium version (standard) starts from $9 for three months for five devices.
NetBull is a relatively rudimentary (albeit fresh) keylogger on this list, but its usefulness cannot be undersold. The software is designed for all Windows operating systems - both 32-bit and 64-bit varieties.
Owing to its end-to-end keystroke monitoring and keystroke customization capabilities, Netbull serves as an all-in-one tool for families and businesses alike. This effectively translates to a powerful option leveraging the best of what keylogger tools have to offer.Standout Features:
• Full monitoring of keystrokes, including encrypted ones; this feature makes NetBull an ideal solution for tracking down passwords and keys that are carefully concealed. It's compatible with a myriad of browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
• Highly efficient stealth technology - the tool remains invisible across channels (task manager, program files) and bypasses firewalls and antiviruses.
Pricing: Free trial version available with limited functionality. The premium version starts from $64.99 for two months. The lifetime licence can be bought for $229.99.
So, there you have it! We hope this list will give you a better idea of what the best keylogger software is, and we wish you all the best in securing your system and monitoring your kid's computer activity!